Thursday, April 23, 2009

worrying

My sister's father-in-law was recently diagnosed with tuberculosis. It was a relief that it's still in the first stage, but how can one truly be relieved when it's still a case of having a serious illness?

As her in-laws live with her, along with her two young kids - Chloe, 1 and Brandon, 3, she is worried about everyone in the family, especially since it is a contagious.

I heard that the nurse there told her it will be extra hard if a child suffers from it, as it will spread from the lungs to as far as the brain. The whole family went for a check-up today and the results will only be out on Saturday.

Worry.

It's hard not to worry. The more one cares about someone, the more she/he will worry. And I'm a constant worrying machine, one that churns out one worry about this problem to the next worry about another problem.

I'm worried about them. I worry about my parents' state of health. My brother who basically hates studying and lives in his own world. K. and my friends' individual problems. Financial burdens. My own baggage inclusive of other crazy difficulties I encountered.

It's frustrating how you can be so helpless at many problems that all you can do is worry. I can only try my best to do the little things that might make them better.

No comments:

Post a Comment