Monday, August 3, 2009

lazy days

6 min 39 sec. That's the length of a total eclipse on July 22 that blanketed parts of Asia in darkness. It's also the day I went on a cruise. It was pitch black out on the South China Sea at night. I could not even tell if the ship was moving at all if I had not heard and seen the waves splashing by right beneath it.

The beautiful color tones of Redang's ocean and the feel of its fine, sun-soaked sand on my feet; the insanely strong wind that caught me off guard on top of the deck; the refreshing cool wind that perked me up when I woke up on the balcony; the luxury of a slow lazy pace that you can afford only on a relaxing vacation; having the time to stop, admire and absorb the scenery into your mind; watching the sunset, all with a loved one - I love it all.

Night time exploring


Redang Island, Malaysia


Back on board


Views from my room's balcony

1 comment: