Tuesday, August 25, 2009

a dedication to the now 25-year-old me

Some songs have become part of my life. It can be a piece of memory embedded in it. A source of inspiration or determination to just do your best. Or a companion that changes along with your mood.

"If we hold on together" by Diana Ross and Utada Hikaru's "First Love" remind me of how me and my girlfriends used to sing them in my secondary school days. "Soar" by Christina Aguilera and Martina McBride's "Anyway" never fails to put me on the right track from procrastination or the point of giving up. (The latter song reminds me of Shin Na (my Feb '09 archive) too.)

For more than five years, I have a habit of listening to "かわらないこと~since 1976~" (Things That Don't Change) by Kokia on my birthdays. I first saw it on MTV and was mesmerized by its lyrics and the feelings that seem to exude from Kokia's singing ever since. Once again, I clicked on this song again subconsciously 34 minutes into my birth date.

Everyone has his/her own interpretations of a song and its lyrics. To me, this track is about gratitude for the little things that remain unchanged in life such as family's love, that makes you want to do your best in everything. And most importantly, to always be myself.

2 comments:

  1. HAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYBIRTHDAYANDEVERYDAY

    ReplyDelete